The Washington Irish are a Division I & III Men’s Rugby Football Club in the Mid-Atlantic Rugby Football Union of USA Rugby. The club was founded in 1980 and we are based in the Washington, DC, metro area of the United States. Rugby is not only an intriguing sport, it is also a tremendous social community.
The Irish are very proud of our inclusive team culture, acceptance of new members, our tight knit family of current and past players as well as their families and friends. We welcome anyone interested in the sport of rugby to come watch and learn about the sport. Individuals interested in playing, experienced or not, are also very welcome to come to our practices and games and participate.
Saturday’s a Rugby Day!
After a long and lonely year without rugby, the Washington Irish are ecstatic to announce our initial return to play plan!
Beginning Saturday, March 6th from 10:00-11:00AM, the Irish will host socially-distant training sessions in accordance with local guidelines and regulations.
These Saturday sessions will be focused on easing our club back into rugby-related activities in a fun way, focusing on skills and fitness.
Email our Club Captain, Chris Curtin, if you plan on attending a Saturday session. This is to keep track of numbers and ensure all participants abide by health and safety measures.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out directly or through the Irish social channels.
Safety Precautions & Procedures for Saturday Training Sessions:
- Don’t show up if you’re feeling ill
- You must wear a mask at all times during the session
- You must agree to have your temperature taken before participating
- Hand sanitizer is highly recommended, but not required
- You must sign a standard waiver before participating in your first session. We will provide these at the pitch and may also set up an online portal for this requirement.
- If total group size exceeds 25, we will divide into sub-groups in different areas of the pitch